Satish is an abstract storyteller, content creator, and gallery owner in Oak Park, IL.
He grew up in Bombay, India and laid his roots in Chicago since 2005. He is self-trained and his work is abstract narrative and abstract figurative using various mixed media techniques. His work is based on places he visits, pictured he has taken and papers he has collected during his travels.
Satish’s work reflects his memories, travels and experiences. His work is abstract narrative and figurative, and he used objects, motifs, colors and materials to match the story he tells and places he visits.
Shows and awards
- Creative Connections - Oak Park, May 2023.
- Galewoodstock Chicago 8/27/22
- Oak Park Art League - Faces and Models - January 2022Headspace - Won the best of the show award.
- Gallery Sabine, Chicago -Opened October 2 2021 till Mid-November
- GIT-LIT at Cubby bears. Chicago Novemeber 12, 2021.
- Fulton Market operative- Cries and Whispers
- September 2021. Mundane and Ordinary.Prior to COVID
- Published book cover for Chicago based LGBT writer Book : Adeena’s Pages
- GIT-LIT Chicago -July 2019
- Conception Art New York - October 2019
- Conception Art Chicago - November 2019
- Residencies and training
- 2019 Art residency program in Orquavaux France
- Fablab in Southern Portugal
When he isn’t traveling, you will find him in his private studio and gallery in an eclectic suburb of Chicago, Oak Park, Illinois - the home of Frank Lloyd Wright and Ernest Hemingway. HYou can make a private appointment to visit and see his large-scale art-work. contact is firstname.lastname@example.org
Satish’s work is hung in private collection in France, Portugal, India and United States and it has received several awards and recognitions of the past five years.
Travel and Art Blogger
Satish strongly believes that, like a writer, an artist needs powerful characters, themes and motifs for his work. Hence, for visual variety and experiences, he travels to different locations.
He has drawn his inspirations from places he visited in France, Portugal, Mexico and India (and anything in between) In these places, he finds subjects and objects that make his paintings.
In order to share his process and sources, he recently stated his blog and YouTube channel SatishFactory.